Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Poor Park!

Well, Park broke his collarbone on Monday. And no, thankfully it wasn't on his bike! If it was I don't think he'd ever ride it again. Annicka thought it would be great fun to slide down the stairs on a sleeping bag. And Park did too...at least until he got to the bottom. I didn't know they were doing it until Park was screaming at the bottom of the stairs. Poor kid. I must be a terrible mom though, because I'll be honest...I might have let them keep doing it if Park hadn't gotten hurt. We used to do it as kids and thought it was great fun. It's just one of those things that happens sometimes.
 Just getting to the instacare.
 Dr. putting on the good sling...much better than my bandana.
 Three suckers and two stickers later he is happy as a lark. Can you see how bent it is? If not, check out the photo below. I tried to outline his collarbone.
He'll wear the sling day and night for three weeks. Then he should be as good as new. We are grateful right now that he wasn't hurt worse and that it wasn't Indie. I don't know if he could handle having his arm pinned to his body for five minutes let alone three weeks.

4 comments:

Giles Family said...

You are kidding me! Uuugh

embot said...

that really IS broken. poor dude!! Make sure to give him hugs for us.

p.s. i love the photos on the side :)

thepalmierifamily said...

Sorry you got hurt Park! How did he impact to cause that? I wouldn't imagine sliding down the stairs doing that. To tell the truth I'd still say yes even after seeing this picture. By the way you can borrow my dress, but I totally need it back. I've got an important social gathering to wear it in. I'm actually considering going into modelling and was going to wear it in my try-outs. ;)

thepalmierifamily said...

ftyeueueuijddueyreyuedeyyyhgeyefhngnnfnngbfbgfvnnb v bbnnmjkjmnjngjfjfjfjfjffjfjmhv,tkfv,vgg,lggtglttg,g,,khjhhhhhhhknmgjkmmmiv fvmvmfmf,mfkg

"there I write happy birthday Park!" -Aaron

ded:?l.d;l
l
;;;;;;;;;;lldllwplol of0o vvnmvmimc03w0000ieierieiiieiqi9wew9pjojri pjri rpi fdfiofoii

"hatty birthday Park" -Jordan