Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trampoline Issues

As many of you know, when we first moved in we dug a hole in our backyard for our trampoline. To keep the dirt from caving in we used some sheet metal to line the hole. Apparently we didn't do a great job and we've had a lot of issues with the sides caving in from the pressure of the dirt getting wet and settling. Well, this weekend we decided it was finally time to take care of the problem once and for all. Scott had a brilliant idea and we have decided to frame the hole with wood (pressure treated) and then after we've gotten it framed and connected we'll screw the sheet metal into that. It's a lot of work, but hopefully this is the last time we'll have to deal with it. This is the progress we were able to make yesterday, we feel pretty good about it and we'll let you know how it holds up when we are done.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh man, that sounds like a lot of work! I'm sorry that we didn't get together while I was there. I was pressed for time trying to visit all my family and friends in Utah. The visit in Eagle Mountain lasted all of one hour and my brother went with me to watch my kids while I took pictures. Then we were off to another engagement. I know, I'm a brat! Utah really wore me out. Maybe you should just come to California and hang out...it's much more relaxing! :)

Melanie said...

I am just checking to see if your husband was going to pick up the color me mine stuff..he is getting mine as well right? Just so I know not to go down and get it..Lindsay did leave send an email but I am double checking! :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of work! You guys have done a good job so far!

BJ said...

While you're at it, spend an extra dollar or two to get a new trampoline. Your old one sucks. Guess what, I was jumping on a trampoline that was a couple years old and my foot went right through the nylon mesh. My leg smashed into the ground and I got a compound fracture! Well I really didn't get hurt, but old trampolines can be bad news. I plan to sue if your tramp breaks on me.