Friday, April 4, 2008

Food Issues

Annicka has never really been a good eater. We are constantly having to hand feed her so that she'll actually eat something. We were trying to leave her alone and let her do it on her own when she fell asleep at the table a few days ago.
Breakfast is usually the best meal that Annicka has. I rarely have to feed her and she'll eat it all gone. But today, like most other meals of the day, I gave her her choices and she chose a waffle and then did not eat it. I generally leave her food out on the table and then when she tells me she's "really hungry" I tell her to finish what's on the table. Well, apparently Annicka was not quick enough today. I came into the kitchen and Park had gotten up to the table and was finishing Annicka's breakfast for her. Using her fork even! I didn't know he even knew how to use a fork!


I guess I'm glad I've got one good eater. This was breakfast #2 for Park.

3 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

ok, ok, laugh it up...Park had #2 for breakfast. Come on, let's be adults here. Let's get all the immature childish laughs out of our systems and start addressing real problems like SIVTD (Self Inflicted Voluntary Toddler Dieting)

Liz said...

Ha ha ha! That's hilarious! Both your post and your comment. :) I didn't even think of that #2 issue until you said that. :) We have eating issues with Soren, too. He likes to eat, but he's a picky eater. So he's always telling me, "I want to eat some of MY food." Dinner is interesting. Lots of bribery at work there. :)

Anders loves to feed himself. The messes after he eats are horrendous!!! I can't stand it, but he refuses to be fed anymore and I guess it's the only way he'll learn anyway. Argh!

Melanie said...

My sisters kids are the same way. Her little boy just doesn't eat and her baby who is almost a year will eat anything! SO weird how they can be so different!