Monday, October 25, 2010

The other day we got a letter in the mail from the city saying that our building permit for the basement was about to expire and that we needed to request an extension by writing or we'd have to pay for another permit. I asked Scott if he could take care of that and this is what he asked me to mail tomorrow:

"We have just received your notice that our building permit #123 for our basement will expire on ... Thank you for reminding me of my procrastination. As if I didn't need more reminders from my wife. I appreciate the non-nagging tone of your letter as opposed to what I've been experiencing day-in and day-out from home.

Even with the unappreciated long hours that have been applied to backbreaking and endless work to finish our basement, I find that I'm still unable to make this deadline. Amid the I-told-you-so's from my wife, I've found the humbling strength and courage to request an extension. I don't see this project going past the new-year (which begs the sarcastic reply, "which year?")

Please allow me to extend the deadline for our inspection to allow for me to pull my dignity from the gutter and gain the self-pride I so desperately need.

Thank you.
Scott Chamberlain"

All I have to say is, Scott really needs a creative outlet somewhere (why does it have to be this?) and I sure hope they get a good laugh at this in the building permit office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That letter is hilarious. Let me know what response you get back from them. They are sure to extend and post the letter for everyone to read. I loved it. Karin, you are such a good sport. Mom C.

The Pitcher Family said...

Please tell me that is was actually sent. This is something that our city could certainly enjoy! Love the letter!

Lindsay and Mike said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Hahahahahahaha! Greatest letter ever!

thepalmierifamily said...

I had a good laugh! which one of your kids is going to get it from Scott?