We called it "UEA break" when I was a kid...but now that Annicka is officially in school we had our first fall break. We decided to live it up. Scott took work off on Thursday and we had a great time playing with Daddy that day. Friday we decided to hit the pumpkin patch, without Scott, but with a bunch of cousins. The kids loved it!
What giant pumpkins!
Of course we almost lost Indie in the corn maze a few times.
After the corn maze the kids got to play on a Halloween themed play ground, as well as a bouncy castle and slide.
Then we picked out our pumpkins to take home.
We decided to make a "pumpkin man." It even got used as a center piece for the ward Halloween party on Saturday night...it won "bishop's pick" in the pumpkin decorating/carving contest. (Okay, there were only about five pumpkins that were entered.) Now it is out on the porch.
And then we had family movie night with our recently purchased copy of "Beauty and the Beast." That is my all time favorite Disney classic.
To top off our fun and crazy filled weekend I was sustained and set apart as the new Relief Society President in the ward today. That's right, I'm not joking. I, Karin Chamberlain, am now the RS Pres. Pray for me! I still feel like I am dreaming, though I am glad to finally be set apart. I had a lot of anxiety this week and now that it's official I feel like I can get down to business. I feel like I've already been given special blessings this week and I know they will continue as I try to do what the Lord wants. So, needless to say, I will be very busy in the months to follow. I will try to keep up the blog, but it might need to be something that gets put on hold...maybe I'll pass the baton to Scott...then again, all you might get from him are shots of the kids picking their noses with snide comments like, "mmmmm, yum!" or "did you get it?" Oh, well, either way.









5 comments:
ahhhhh! That is awesome!! You will be so amazing!!! is that enough exclamation points?!?!
Oh my goodness Karin! You will do such a great job! This doesn't surprise me in the least! Good luck!
Congrats on the new calling!! What a great adventure and blessing it will be for you and your family. I know you will do great!! I am stealing your idea for the pumpkin carving contest. We grew the tiny Jack-B-Littles in our garden and it will be the perfect thing for Tanner to make for the ward party. The girls have been stacking them on top of each other but I didn't realize it could be a pumpkin man! Thanks for the great idea!
Dream Big!
WOW! I had no idea! You are going to do awesome Karin.
Post a Comment