Monday, October 4, 2010

Indie

Before you look at the pictures below, let me preface...Indie was not injured during the taking of these pictures...
Of my three children Indie has been by far my "busiest" and by "busiest" I mean the one that has been into everything and kept me on my toes the most. I feel like I am constantly finding him in dangerous situations and/or doing his best to disorganize my organization. Anything that is put away must immediately be pulled out, and if a door to outside is open for a split second he is gone, and sometimes I don't even realize it. We have found him a few times down the street at the small park (please don't call DCS on me). With two older kids as well as neighbors that are in and out all day I have to keep a close eye on him. The only rest I get is nap time....oh, how I love nap time! So, for the last two or three days I have been documenting some of the things this kids does during his waking hours.

Pulling out the DVDs, right after I've put them away.
 
 Yes, he climbed up the back of the couch and decided the counter was a good place to watch "Meet the Robinson's."
 Trying to get down from his highchair, all by himself. I have found him dangling off the side a few times.
 Pulling out the paints...thankfully he doesn't know how to open those yet.
 Emptying the contents of my middle drawer.

 Yes, those are fruit snacks. A box of 80 of them.
 And these are corn nuts. He found the opened bag on the table and decided he needed all of them on the floor so he could sample their deliciousness.
 This is my favorite thing he does right now. He gets a big blanket, sits on the floor, pulls it over his head and plays by himself under the blanket. I guess he doesn't feel like he's getting enough privacy. The best part is that he'll stay under there for 30 minutes or more.

And that is my Indie. As crazy as he is, I can't get enough of him and love this kid to death! He is always cracking us up.

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I am so glad I'm not alone! I always wonder why I can't finish my to do list each day. Then, I think back to all the messes I've cleaned up & disasters I've diverted & then say, "Oh, now I remember why." ;)

Rob and Lori said...

C'mon, let him have a little fun. But at your house, not mine, okay?

thepalmierifamily said...

That wore me out looking at those pictures! Challenges come in all forms. I like the blanket I made you made it on the post!