Thursday, September 23, 2010

Those little moments

I mentioned in an earlier post about my good friend Amber Giles and how she had to be put into a medically induced coma almost two months ago (for more detailed info check out the blog set up for her in the above link). The doctors didn't think that they would be able to save her after she had been in the coma for five weeks. They were down to their last option to try and wake her without seizures. Even if she did come out of it, they prepared her husband and family with the possibility that she would likely have brain damage. She came out of her coma about two and a half weeks ago. And she is a miracle. There is no brain damage, she is all Amber and her recovery is remarkable. She is already walking and eating on her own and she's been told she will be home within the next week and half! At first they told her she'd be lucky to be home by Christmas. I've been to see her a few times and every time I go she is hand over fist better than the time before. And I am incredibly uplifted by her faith and her strength. She is one of those special people who genuinely loves everyone, and you can feel it when you are with her. I want to be like that. I want everyone I meet to know of my love for them because they can feel it. I want everyone to be able to feel of their Heavenly Father's love for them, because they can feel it through me. Anyway, this whole experience I've had while she has gone through this has given me a new perspective on life and I can only hope and pray that I can hold onto it. It has made me appreciate my family so much more and to enjoy and relish almost every moment I have with them. Like this impromptu picnic in the backyard:
I know that my Heavenly Father lives! He hears and answers everyone of our prayers, if only we are willing to trust him and put everything in His hands and then listen. He is a God of miracles! He is a merciful and a loving God! Amber is just one example. And my life is better for knowing her and my faith is stronger because of her. Thank you, Amber, for being such an amazing friend! And for the few of you out there who read our blog, I love you, too! Thank you, for your love and friendship as well! Our lives are better for having you in them!

1 comment:

Mel said...

What a great message and story! Thanks for sharing!!