Monday, July 27, 2009

Funny Stories

The kids have done some funny things the last couple of days. On Saturday we had Ross and Emily over for steak. With the steak we had potato wedges and bread. Apparently one slice of bread was not enough for Park. He was sitting next to me and saw me buttering a piece of bread. He said to me, "I wah some" (I want some). So I was about to rip a piece of bread off when he screamed, "No! Wait". So I just handed him the entire piece. Then I said, "can I have some back?" He looked at me like I was crazy. Then he looked down at his plate, picked up a piece of his steak and handed it to me as a peace offering. His look said, "huh, huh? This is totally worth your slice of bread, right?" As if the piece of steak was way better than the bread.
Then yesterday we were going to go over to Grandma Chamberlain's house. Annicka still had her dress on from church. We had asked her several times if she wanted to change into some shorts and a shirt, mostly so she wouldn't stain her dress while we were there. She politely declined every time. Scott made one final attempt once we were in the car, ready to go. "Annicka, are you sure you don't want to change? What if we go over to the park? You won't be able to play in your dress." Annicka replied, "I don't want to play at that park ever again!" Needless to say once we got to grandma's she asked, "can I go over to the park and play?"

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I am sure your kids give you a ton of laughs!! =) They are so cute, and growing up!

Summer said...

And did you tell her "no you may not play in your Sunday dress".

Lindsay and Mike said...

Cute stories!