Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day Weekend

Every year we have a family BBQ with one of Scott's uncles and their family (Paul is Ron's brother) sometime around the 4th. This time is was on the 3rd. We had a Texas themed reunion. Here are some of the highlights.
Texas sized Foosball. (Annicka took this picture. Scott and I were both playing. Not too shabby, huh?)

A jalapeno eating contest which actually included hot wasabi peas and flaming hot Cheetos.

Texas-sized bowling. Scott made it to the finals and then choked with a gutter ball.

And confetti filled eggs that we cracked on each others head and made a huge mess for Paul and Rosie to clean up.

The 4th was pretty low key. We had dinner with some of Scott's family and then headed over to his sister's house to light fire works and to watch the valley's displays from their back porch. They have a great view.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I love the "Texas-sized Foosball". Hilarious!

Liz said...

What an awesome Independence Day celebration! I'm thoroughly impressed. Great theme. Great ideas. Might have to steal some of those sometime. :P