We had our ward campout last night. The place was perfect for our ward, it's about 7 minutes from our house and they had a playground and pavillion and lots of room for tents under large trees. We made our tinfoil dinners and then the ward provided smores and breakfast.
Me at the karaoke show!
What a beautiful sunset!
So, I was feeding Indie in the tent at about 8:30 so I could lay him down. Annicka kept insisting that she was tired and wanted to go to bed. I tried VERY hard to discourage her from going to bed right then, I knew she would want to play with the other kids as soon as she heard them outside and that would mean having to get her ready again and so on. She wouldn't let up. So I finally conceded with the stipulation that if she came into the tent, she wasn't coming out. She said, okay. Less than two minutes after getting her ready to go to sleep she wanted to go out and play. I told her she had to stay and go to sleep like she said she would. She started crying. I left her in there for about 20 minutes. Scott went back after a while and she was still crying. Hence, the above picture. Four year olds are so fickle!
Park and Daddy!
Here is Indie, on our matress after a very LONG night of not good sleep.

2 comments:
Haha! Remind me again...in what way is camping fun?!? Haha! It actually didn't end up being too bad!
Karin! You look fantastic! Annicka is so much like Soren, it's scary. He would never ask to go to bed, but he'd be stubborn enough to throw a fit after being warned of the consequences of his actions! :0) Kids. Gotta love 'em.
Post a Comment