Monday, July 28, 2008

Our trip to Stinky Falls!

We know that you have all been wondering why scott's email is stinkyfalls and why he talks so much about this place. Well here are the pictures. We had an AMAZING vacation! We rented a house on the Guadalupe river that had a rope swing out back that went into the river. All of Scott's siblings were there minus one, with most of their spouses, and NO children! Scott's younger brother and only unmarried sibling proposed to his girlfriend while we were all down there. Congratulations! It was a great place...we'll probably all go back again. We got to go to Schlitterbahn (the largest waterpark in the world), which is just a block away from Stinky falls. We didn't get any pictures there because it was raining all day from Hurricane Dolly...but that was fine with us, it kept the lines down. We got more done in four or five hours than we would have all day if it had been sunny and crowded. The next two days were spent at this place called Stinky Falls. It's actually called Prince Solms tube chute, but the Chamberlains have always called it Stinky Falls. It's a tube chute on the Comal River about 30 minutes outside of San Antonio. And every trip down is death defying. The life guards have to jump in to save someone at least once an hour...usually way more often than that. Most people just float down on their tubes and with their beer on the way down the river, but not us Chamberlains. Scott and his four brothers all go down without a tube or life jacket and the rest of us put on a life jacket, brothers-in-law included. Then we go and go and go all day long! The pictures never seem to do it justice, you just can't get how the undertow pulls and pushes you until you are there and go down. But here ya'll go!



Scott jumping in at the bottom.
The actual tube chute with a bunch of Scott's siblings and spouses.
Me jumping in at the bottom.

8 comments:

embot said...

Oh Karin, you look so pro jumping into that death trap! What a fun trip!!

Anonymous said...

BEST VACATION EVER!!! STINKY FALLS 2008!

Poston Kingdom said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASN'T INVITED!!! WHAT A CROCK! It's official, I will never talk to any of you again unless everyone goes again in about a year or two and I get to go. I mean it, last chance. This would be a great opportunity to move up either the "favorite chamberlain" or "favorite chamberlain spouse" list respectively. Careful how you respond to this!

S

Scott and Karin said...

Steef, we will go in a year or 2 and you are invited. Actually, Ross is planning the marriage in March sometime. Why don't you come along then?

Rob and Lori said...

Our BEST vacation EVER...and this includes our honeymoon. Just kidding, Rob. STINKY FALLS 2009...HERE WE COME!!!

Rob and Lori said...

Ned came over last night and asked for a calendar to plan next years Stinky Trip.

Amy Jo said...

that looks like such a fun trip! I am glad the little one growing in your tummy is okay after that death trap water thing you did!! I am sure it looks scarier than it really was, lol! I hope you are doing well, your blog is SO fun to read!

The Hammonds said...

Hi Karin! This is Ashley (used to be Isom) I found your blog from my sister who ran into Maureen one day and I just wanted to say. Wow 2 kids and 1 on the way! Its crazy how fast things change! I hope you and your family are all doing great!