Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Cast is Off!

Well, Annicka got her cast off and her pins out yesterday morning! I would have some pictures, but Scotty kifed the USB cord that hooks up to the camera and he is in Muncie, IN until Friday. (Did I just use the word kife? I haven't said that since I was...well, I don't know since when.) So pictures will have to wait. She's doing great and likes to show me that she can bend her arm now. We even went swimming this morning because I have been promising to let her for a long time. The doctor yesterday even told her she needed to go swimming a lot this summer so her elbow could get stronger. He was an amazing doctor, by the way. His name is Alan Stotts and his bedside manner is great. He talked to Annicka like she was an adult, without using big words and her arm looks perfect in her xrays that they took yesterday. We have been really blessed throughout this whole process when it came to doctors and when it came to Annie healing well and her being such a trooper. She had a few melt down moments, but not nearly as many as I would have thought, and she has been super brave. What a lucky mom I am to have such a great kid!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Whew! I bet it's a relief for her to have her arm back. :) And swimming, yes, that would be hard to do without when you're a kid. Have a happy, swimming summer now!