Saturday, July 14, 2007

HIVES



Yesterday morning Park woke up with hives everywhere. He is acting perfectly normal, but he looks like he has to be itchy. I called the pediatrician and they said it might be something viral that he is having a reaction to, since there isn't anything that I can think of that I have given him new to eat in the last week. All we can do is give him Benadryl and wait it out. Unless of course something worse happens like swollen joints, fever or trouble breathing. The sad thing is that these pictures were taken only a few minutes ago and he has been on the benadryl for 36 hours. No signs of improvement yet, the poor kid. I'm sure everything will be okay though.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh man, that's crazy! How weird that it can break out all of a sudden like that. I hope he's okay. Hey, thanks for understanding about today. We'd like to come up some time next week if we get a chance, and if it's okay with your schedule, of course. I'm sure the boys would love it. They need a break from being cooped up with all these boxes. I just have a hard time tearing myself away from the chaos because I want to organize the chaos...if that makes any sense. :)

thepalmierifamily said...

Yikes, those hives look terrible! As a mom, it is painful to see my child have to suffer. Of course, being sleep deprived still, everything seems worse than it is. I started crying two days ago because I'm worried that Aaron is deaf because he doesn't react to loud noises. The funny thing is, I realized that it was totally ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. Hope Park gets better soon. Usually viral stuff takes at least 72 hours.