Monday, December 5, 2011

Six Weeks and a Blessing

 Yesterday Milo turned six weeks and we blessed him. First, thank you to Rolyne and Lori for helping me write his blessing while Scott gave it to him and to Kaylene for taking Indie off of my hands so that I could be there for it! I've written a letter to each of my kids as they were born and usually I've done it within the first couple of weeks of being born, and already six weeks have flown by, it's time I do that now. So, don't feel obligated to read any further, although, obviously you can if you want.

Milo, how glad we are to have you in our family! My first chubby baby! It took a while before you decided it was time to join our family and we are glad you finally made it. I didn't expect a third boy in a row, but after we found out you were coming and had chosen a name I felt like you were already apart of our family. I could feel your presence strongly and not just because you were trying kick your way out! Looking out from this side of your life I have lots of hopes and dreams for you. Most of all I want you to become a good man. One who is concerned about others, and one who is a good example of our Savior Jesus Christ. One who respects others, especially women. One who serves others whole heartedly. One who freely forgives others when they make mistakes, especially your parents. One who is honest. You already have a good example in your dad to look to. As I am writing this you are sitting in your bouncy chair, just looking at me, smiling every so often. You are a happy baby, but I can tell that your spirit is old, and much more mature than mine. I see it in your eyes. I felt it before you were born. You have two older brothers and an older sister who love you so much! It is so fun to watch them with you and the love and concern they have for you. Each baby that has come into our home has brought more love and you are no exception. I'm always amazed at the love I feel for my children and how that love expands with each one. I also feel the resposibility that comes in raising all of you. Your father and I pray everyday to know what we need to do for each of you to become good and honest people, and how you need the gospel taught to you. I hope that you will be able to learn of a Father and Savior who love you because you can feel that love in our family. We love you, Milo!

Milo's Blessing 4 Dec 2011

Continue in good health during your infancy
Learn what your parents teach you and apply those teachings in your life
Desire to learn about Jesus Christ and the scriptures
Be a good boy and do good to others
Desire to be baptized, follow the Savior by joining His church
Desire to receive the Priesthood
Knowledge to press forward
Choose to serve the Lord on a mission and to be married in the temple
Be an example of Jesus Christ

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Melt. My. Heart. I love old souls. :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

So glad you got your little Milo! :)