Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Great weekend.

We had a fun weekend with my mom and stepdad in town and spending time as a family. Friday afternoon we went swimming at their hotel and that night we went to dinner at the Red Iguana in Salt Lake. Saturday morning we decided to take a little hike up a hill that is really close to our house. The kids LOVED it.
 Indie was a trooper the whole way up. He just kept going and going. I think he could have gone for several miles if it came to that. He is a natural hiker.
 The view from the top was beautiful.
The only problem we had with Indie was when it was time to head back down and he wanted to keep going. Where he thought he was going, I don't know, since we were at the top. This is him throwing a fit while I carried him back down.

Later that day we spent some time with my mom's family at my grandma's house and that night Scott surprised me with a group date with some of our friends in the neighborhood. We had a blast going to Thanksgiving Point for dinner and cruising the beautiful gardens they have there. Sunday brought dinner at our place with all the cousins playing with their uncles and having Papa Jim read them books. What a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha ha! Indie is a crack up. You know, I can't really remember the tantrum phase; it's been so long. But Pip is starting to be more possessive about things and slowly I'm being reminded that *fun* times are ahead. :D

Hey, I also wanted to apologize again for missing our chance to hang out at the beach when you came to CA. I felt so bad! I don't get migraines often, but when they come, they are mean. We are going to try to come to Utah in July/August and I will be making it a point to get together with you guys if you will still have us as friends!! :D

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love that picture of Indie! I am going to take all the pictures of my kids that are like that & show them to them when they are adults. Afterwards, I'll demand an apology for all of the silly, crazy little fits they threw about nothing. :)