Friday, January 28, 2011

Annicka vs. the Super-Ninja Slide


So, yesterday morning at 9:15 just about the time school starts I got a call from the school saying Annicka had fallen and bumped her nose. Her story is that she didn't know there was snow at the bottom of the slide and on the way down she went flying off and smashed her nose on the cement. That slide must have been super-ninja or something for her to have gone flying that far! I went and picked her up, her nose was really swollen and she was having a hard time breathing, I took her to the ER thinking she had broken it. Thankfully children are almost all cartilage still and her nose bone starts a lot higher than an adult's, so no broken bones! But she sure has a nice shiner!

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yikes! That looks like it hurts! How is she still so cute...even with a black eye & a scraped up nose?!? :)

Amanda said...

Ooow! That looks painful! Poor girl.

rolyne said...

OUCH! Definitely looks like something that could use a grandma kiss. So sorry that happened. Love you Annie.