Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last night Annicka was especially tired. Normally after prayers and scripture stories I'll read a chapter book out loud. Right now we are reading "A Series of Unfortunate Events". Anyway, Annicka was crying because she didn't want me to read out loud, "because I'm too tired and it keeps waking me up." Park still wanted me to read and I tried telling her that she has been able to fall asleep while I was reading before. But she was adamant with the whiny crying voice. So I got out "Where the Wild Things Are" and I read it to Park very quietly. Guess what Annicka did half way through the book. She got out of bed feigning a desire for a stuffed animal to sleep with and came over to Park's bed wanting to see the pictures. "I thought you were too tired for me to read, Annicka." "I just want to see the pictures, mom!" Typical five-year-old!

3 comments:

thepalmierifamily said...

Yeah I can't wait. By the by, happy birthday Indie and gramps(yes, that's a slight on the old man you're married to)!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Sounds like my house! :)

Mel said...

Your 5 year old sounds like my five year old!! LOL