Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let it snow/the dentist

Sunday night we came home from my brothers and it was clear as a bell, we woke up yesterday morning to this. A good seven or eight inches on the ground. Since Scott is out of town this week I had the joy of shoveling the driveway.
Annicka has been doing some crazy things lately. A few days ago she came up to me with this hairdo. Stylish, don't you think? She is definitely going to be a trend setter.
Today I took the kids to the dentist for the first time. Here they are showing off their pearly whites. Annicka did great too. She was a little nervous at first, but having grandma there helped (Scott's mom is their office manager)...okay, and the fact that they had a TV on the ceiling that she could watch cartoons on. She even let them take X-rays of her teeth, which the dentist said most kids her age won't do, they usually can't hold still that long. No cavities either! Which is something I hope will be how it always is. When I was a kid I had cavities every time we went. In fact I thought it was regular to set an appointment for two weeks after your checkup.
What an adorable little man! Can you see the eczema this kid has on his face? Poor guy...I'm open to any suggestions.
Gotta get a shot of the upper teeth too, right?

6 comments:

Rob and Lori said...

Wow!! That hair-do...SCARY! Maybe she'll make a living someday doing hair and make-up. She'll probably always struggle, though, financially.

Rachel said...

Hey Karin!

It is Rachel! I check your blog every once in a while and I have a suggestion for cute little Park's eczema... I have had it my whole life. The dermatologist gave me some prescription ointment to put on the areas but there is a lotion calle Eucerin, they have a great knock off at Target and Walmart, that works great too. I call it my Crisco because it is just like smearing Crisco all over yourself but it works great. It also is great for really dry skin so our whole family uses it! Your blog is so cute and your kids are growing up so fast!

Liz said...

I love the trend-setting hair-do. In fact, I think I'll try that myself. It's pretty much what my hair looks like when I get up in the morning, so that would make getting ready for the day pretty easy. :)

I still haven't taken Soren to the dentist. I really need to get him there, but I don't like the dentist, so it's hard for me to make him go.

If you're willing to try something radical, do a gluten-free diet for Park. I have terrible eczema on my hands. I've had it for almost five years now...non-stop. Recently I tried a gluten-free diet and it started to clear up almost immediately. Then Christmas messed up my diet, but I plan to try it out again soon. I'd like to be eczema free.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh, the bubble gum paper. I love Valentines day now that it is near Adam birthday.

Crisco just might work!

Sam and Anicka told each other they loved each other on my couch today. And then giggled.

thepalmierifamily said...

Love the "do" Annicka! You're beautiful no matter how you do your hair. Park is getting cuter too. Hope your kids get the good Minson teeth, and not the bad ones. love ya!

The Pitcher Family said...

My kids have eczema and I use aquaphor on my boys and aveno on Makayla they both work great! When it gets bad I put the humidifier in their rooms and that helps too.