Thursday, June 21, 2007



Well, we'd have written sooner, but we've gotten pretty busy the last couple weeks. I started my first online class...Student Development 100 (it's required to start independent study). So I've been working on that whenever I have a chance and we have been spending lots of time outside swimming. I think today is the first day that we didn't go outside because I decided it was time to catch up on the house work.

Park has cut another tooth and is army crawling everywhere as fast as he can. Which is pretty fast. He has also started pulling himself up on his bouncy chair and car seat, since they are low enough to the ground. He can sit by himself now, but he never wants to. If he is being held he wants to stand and if not he wants to be moving around.

Annicka makes us laugh everyday with her little antics. Her favorite thing to do is have mommy and daddy bonk their heads on the door every night when we go into her room to say family prayer. She has started to say prayers by herself now, without any help. She has also started thanking Heavenly Father for Matthew, Carter and Mason (her cousins) every night. She also loves to play with Park, especially since he is moving around now. He'll crawl after her everywhere and she'll say, "come on, Park, let's go!"

4 comments:

Liz said...

They're so cute and so definitely siblings! :) Your description of Park's milestones and activity level is an echo of what Anders is going through right now...every last bit of it. He's army crawling, pulling himself up on low objects, doesn't care to sit (though he can), wants to be moving...all the time! How funny that they're so similar...but then again, they are only a week apart (right?).

That's awesome that Annicka is already saying prayers by herself! Soren is the delegater. He delegates who says the prayer each night (and it's never him). Sometimes he even tries to choose Anders, but we remind him that Anders doesn't know the right words yet. :)

Fun fun! I love updates. Hope you're having fun with your class. My house is a mess, too, because of all the summer activity. I can't seem to get on top of things now that I've got two kids demanding attention. :) Happy studying!

Liz said...

Oh wow, Karin, they are only two days apart! Anders was born the 18th. I had no idea. :) Thanks for your suggestions on the reading. I love the classics, too. I think my favorite is Jane Austen, she is such a witty writer. I'll have to check out Jane Eyre. I've read it before, but with my memory (or lack thereof), that really just means that I need to wait two years in between readings. :) Hmmm...Anne of Green Gables, huh? I liked the movies, so the books are probably great.

thepalmierifamily said...

Hey Kar,

He's doing a little better at night. He sometimes is awake an hour or two after one of his night feedings.

yesterday after the blessing, i looked at your site, and I couldn't help thinking that Aaron definitely looks like he's cousins with Park.

It's been really nice to have mom and Maureen here. Mo goes home tomorrow and I'm sad about it. She's really helped me a lot!

love ya! Julie

Lindsay and Mike said...

Your kids are DOLLS! I think they should be "Baby Gap Babies"! Thanks for coming to girls night! Hope you had fun!