Friday, June 8, 2007

Lots of Babies

Well, Park finally cut his first tooth day before yesterday. He's been teething for a while, which means not much solid sleep and as soon as he cut that tooth he slept for ten hours the next night. Which we (meaning I) were grateful for.

Well, there have been lots of babies born around here...well in our family at least. Steve and Jessica had their baby boy (after two girls) on the 23rd of May. Kaden Harris. Scott's sister Lori had her little girl (after three boys) Avery Rae yesterday morning. And my sister Julie had her little boy (their first child) this morning in Italy. Thankfully everything went well for both. We were really nervous about Julie having a baby in Italy where they are about 20 or so years behind us in medicine. She was in labor for 23 hours though...which seems weird for our family. My moms were all less than 8 hours and mine have all been 8 hours and less too. Sorry, Julie...you didn't get the right genes. They don't have a name for him yet though.

The Spurs won game one of the Finals last night and we all had a BBQ at gma Chamberlain's house last night and enjoyed the game together. SPUUUUUUURRRRRRRRS!

Well, those are the things that have been occuping our thoughts lately. Love you all!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Karin, sounds like you guys are all babied out! :) Just kidding, there can never be enough babies in the world! Hey, can you by any chance change the text color to something lighter in your blog posts? I have the hardest time reading them because the text is dark on dark. Does that make any sense? Maybe a cream colored text would work? I find myself squinting to read when I check out your blog. Maybe it's just my computer. If so, I'm sorry for this request...and I'm retarded. :) Anywho, we need to get together! Do you come down our way ever? Could we come up there and share your little kiddie pool when it gets warmer? :) Take care.

Scott and Karin said...

I've noticed the same thing and I just haven't changed it yet. I'll do it just for you, Liz. We really do need to get together. We don't come down toward Provo very often, but we can set up a time to come...or for you to come out here. Whatever you guys want to do.

Liz said...

Hey thanks! That's tons better. :) I'm glad it's not just me going blind. :) I think I still have your number, so I'll call you this next week and we can set something up. If I don't have your number, I'll shoot you an email. See you soon!

BJ said...

Spurs are crappy! Get it?

Brain Ryder said...

Spurs are entirely overrated. What a more boring non-action packed intensified series than when the entire game is all looking like a stakehouse church ball game all because of Tim Duncan's boring basic 'whiteboy moves' and Bruce Bowen's dumb defense. Oh yeah... by the way... the Cav's suck too. No skill. Hey Scott, I like the site though and do enjoy the milk chocolatey look of the background since it reminds me of 'Duncan Donuts' Ha...
BRIAN D. AKA the "pine ryder".

Brain Ryder said...

ADD???OCD???LMNOP??? what??? well...you're getting warmer though but not quite CHA CHINGGGGG!! itsthewayofthefutureitsthewayofthefutureitsthewayofthefutureitsthewayofthefuture....who's OCD now baby???