Friday, December 3, 2010

It is finished.

 Our basement is officially finished! We got new carpet in yesterday and we even decided to replace the carpet and paint upstairs as well! We've been working hard over the last several months and we are thrilled with the outcome. Here are some of the before pictures:


 And the after! We are working on getting new furniture for the living room upstairs and once that is all decorated in a few months I will post those pictures.


The carpet is a chocolate brown flecked with tan and it is amazingly plush and comfy on the feet! A far cry from the cheap carpet the builders put in. We have an additional three bedrooms, a bathroom and this ginormous family room. We have lots of plans for this room including surround sound and a pool/ping pong table...but that is a little down the road for now. Right now the most exciting thing for me is that ALL of the toys are now in the basement! I couldn't be happier!

8 comments:

Poston Kingdom said...

looks great!!

S

Lindsay and Mike said...

How awesome! Enjoy it! I can't wait for us to finish the basement in our new house. Mike, on the other hand, thinks it would be a good idea to wait several years. I think he's still trying to recover from finishing the basement in our old house! Haha!

melody said...

All the toys in the basement!? Sounds like Heaven to me. It looks beautiful. Love the paint colors. Hey, can I come see your basement in person sometime soon? I believe we have the same layout down there and I am curious as to how you divided it up.

Melanie said...

Looks so good!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

WOW!! That looks amazing!! I bet you are LOVING it! Good job on all the hard work!

embot said...

Karin! i love the basement. i have totally been out of the blog loop and have just gotten all caught up. your family is so cute and the house looks great! miss you guys.

Amy Jo said...

You are too cute, and your house is awesome and cute too!