Monday, April 12, 2010

I am a handy woman!

On Friday it was my goal to clean out the garage. When I went out to start, I was looking at all of the things on the floor and thought, "I really need some shelves." Scott had bought some wood for the purpose, but he didn't get to it before he had his surgery. And I wasn't going to wait another couple of weeks until Scott could do it. So right then and there I decided I was going to make the shelves myself! I figured out how I wanted it to work and I did all the measuring and pulled out Scott's chop saw and nail gun and went to work. When I was ready my neighbor Summer came over and helped me hold it up while I screwed it into the wall. I actually made two shelves, there is a larger one standing against the wall that will eventually get put up also, when Scott is well enough. Summer and I decided it was too big for us and to let the men do it. This is the finished product!

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

WOW! Look at you! I am so impressed!!

Maureen Minson said...

You are a rock star!

Mel said...

great job Karin! That's awesome!

embot said...

Dude, you ARE handy! Nice work.

Nella said...

You...are...my...hero.:) I consider myself pretty brave when it comes to doing things myself, but you are apparently a far step beyond. Nice!