Everything except the house! We just got our tax returns and we've officially paidoff the last of Scott's student loans (it's hit the checking account and everything) and we've fully funded our emergency fund. Next on the list....the rest of our food storage and then the basement! It feels amazing! We've never been ones to have credit card debt, but we have had car loans and student loans in the past. When we moved out here four and a half years ago I started listening to
Dave Ramsey and I was totally on board with wanting to pay off cars and then pay for everything cash from there on out, it did take a while to get Scott totally on board, though. It takes a while to change that mindset that you need a car loan, but once he figured it out, there's been no turning back! As most of you know we bought our first car for cash a year and a half ago before Indie was born. And now that we are done paying off all debts but the house we have so much more money to work with every month. It's crazy how blessed you can be when you follow the counsels of the living prophets. It will take several months of saving, but we will be able to finish our basement for cash and when that's finished we'll have plenty to put away for retirement and college for the kids. It's a crazy and uncommon lifestyle, but I highly recommend it!
6 comments:
My husband and I enjoy being debt free also. Congratulations! It is an amazing feeling!!!
Yay for you! That's such an awesome accomplishment!
We love Dave Ramsey, too! We're almost debt free. The only debt (besides our house) that we have left is our van. We hope to have that taken care of in about a year. We're also saving up for our basement!
Yay! That is so great! I love Dave Ramsey too! He is the best & I love not having to take out loans for things anymore! Congrats!!!
I have to thank Scott for getting us on board. We just paid off our cars this month and (if it ever happens) we'll get the last of the debt paid off when we buy our house (thanks Uncle Obama for the house credit!). After that, it's just taking care of the house and our student loan. It's funny when I talk about paying for things with cash upfront and living a debt-free lifestyle, people at work think I'm weird!
Steve
Congrats on being debt free!! We have been debt free for 2 yrs. It's amazing to hear how many think that being in debt is a normal lifestyle. It doesn't have to be. I haven't listened to Dave Ramsey, but I hear great things about him all the time. If I had debt, I wouldn't be able to pay it off because there's no extra money. With my business, I am saving up money for food storage, and my addition for my house. And we're going to disneyland for a week... again congrats on being debt free!!
Sigh. Great job! You are a great example to us. We are on board and on our way.
Post a Comment