Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tidbits

Last night for our post-FHE snack we made popcorn for the kids. After I gave them their bowls I didn't see them for a few minutes and it was quiet, we all know when it's quiet that something is usually up. So I looked into their room and saw this sweet little scene of Park and Annicka sitting next to each other on Annicka's bed munching on their popcorn and looking (I can't really say reading) at books. It's for these kinds of moments that I live.
Now this picture is another story entirely. This afternoon I was sitting on the couch reading while Indie was taking a nap and Park and Annicka were in and out of our house and the neighbor's house playing. I had left both the front and back doors open as it was nice and the kids were running around so I could hear if anything had gone awry. A thunder shower rolled in and it started to rain. I left both doors open because I love the smell of a warm rain. Annicka came in and asked if she could play with an umbrella outside and I told her no. She went back out. Then I heard crying a few minutes later, I was certain it was Park. So I went outside to see what was up and Annicka was crying to Summer that I had said "no" to her plea about an umbrella. I asked Summer if Park was crying and she said she didn't think so, just Annicka. I couldn't hear him anymore and so I went back in. A few minutes later I heard Park crying again. This time I decided to check out the back door and sure enough in the pouring rain along with the sprinklers Park was standing on Summer's trampoline crying because he was stuck and soaking wet and cold! The look on his face melted my heart! Can you imagine being 2 and 1/2 years old, stuck up really high on the trampoline when it starts to pour rain and then the sprinklers come on to boot! With no way down all the while getting soaked and shivering! Poor kid! Obviously I ran out and got him down and brought him in and got him in dry clothes. I held him in a warm towel for a few minutes and he fell asleep. I'm so glad that I can be home with my kids, so that I can be there for them when they need my help. Yet another thing that I live for.

4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'm just getting caught up on blogs! Both of these stories were so cute! You are a great mom!

BJ said...

So I heard you were neglecting your kids... again.

Liz said...

Aw! Poor kid! That would be fairly traumatic. I love the picture of sister and brother "reading" together. It always makes my heart melt when Soren and Anders play nicely together.

Rachel said...

Well don't be offended at me (about the boy thing). Ned was in charge of calling his side of the family! HE'S the phone call slacker!