Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Conversation in the Car

The kids and I were driving home from picking up a prescription for Park (for his eczema) when Annicka had the following conversation with me:

Annie: You have to get married to get a baby in your tummy, huh, mommy.
Me: That's right.
Annie: I think Summer (our neighbor) just got married. She has a baby in her tummy.
Me: Summer has been married for a long time already (this is baby #6 for her).
Annie: But she has a baby in her tummy. She just got married.

Oh! The brain of a four-year-old! She thinks you have to get married everytime you get pregnant. I think we'll leave the sex education at that for a little while.

1 comment:

Summer said...

At least she has the marriage part down! I would hate to have to plan a wedding 6 times for myself. Once was enough for me.