Everything started on Sunday night. I started having contractions and we went into the hospital. After laboring with regular contractions for over four hours (2 1/2 at home and then 1 1/2 at the hospital the contractions stopped and since I hadn't progressed I had to go home. They gave me pain medication and we went home. I continued to have contractions all of Monday but they weren't regular or very strong. At about 7:30 or 8 the contractions became regular again. We got to the hospital at about 11 and they started monitoring me again. After the first hour there was still no change. By this time it had begun to snow and the doctor didn't want to send me home quite yet. So they gave me some percocet and said to wait another hour. The contractions continued even through the pain medication, they even got stronger and I had barely changed from a 4 to a 4+. They told me I was staying and I got my epidural at about 1:15 am. At about three the nurse came to check me and I was at a 7. She decided to roll me over and in the process my water broke. I had a couple more contractions when we finally realized that I was soaking and she checked me again and I was at a ten. She left to call the doctor who was still at home. So I laid on my side for 20 or 30 minutes trying not to push so that Dr. Lamoreaux could make it. He made it and I only pushed through one contraction before little Indie Glenn came into the world at 3:38 am. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long. He was beautiful from the beginning (what mom doesn't think so?) and he had blonde hair. We are extremely blessed to have a healthy baby!
YAY!! Congrats! I was so happy when I heard the good news (and I was happy to NOT see you at church...like we had talked about the week before!) Welcome to this crazy world Indie!
You know, I'm not even sure I knew you were pregnant!!! Ah! I'm forgetting everything lately! Well anyway, congratulations. What a darling little babe. And such cute older siblings, too. (Love the name, Indie).
6 comments:
Congrats! He is very cute and I am glad everything went okay for you.
Congrats!
He is so CUTE! I am trying to keep my boys from coming over. They just don't really understand about germs and letting new moms and babies rest.
YAY!! Congrats! I was so happy when I heard the good news (and I was happy to NOT see you at church...like we had talked about the week before!) Welcome to this crazy world Indie!
Congrats, you have such a cute family.
You know, I'm not even sure I knew you were pregnant!!! Ah! I'm forgetting everything lately! Well anyway, congratulations. What a darling little babe. And such cute older siblings, too. (Love the name, Indie).
Post a Comment